The aim of such declarations is to quantify and collate data (water consumption, land, CO2, atmospheric emissions and so on) relating to the entire life-cycle of the products we supply. This has never before been defined in a consistent and comparable way.
This project will allow us to:
- measure all our various circular-economy initiatives against a common yardstick
- define benchmarks/KPIs on the goods we acquire so we can define targets for improvement
- begin monitoring our environmental footprint on topics such as water consumption, land, CO2 emissions, use of natural resources, etc.
- Assess our exposure to risks of price and supply interruption (based on materials and their places of origin)
- Bring costs down by monitoring consumption and optimising manufacturing processes
This major project will allow us to be the first to set a benchmark of excellence in terms of the circular economy for products linked to the world of energy, and will act as a starting point for all of the group’s projects that aim to create a more sustainable world.