In May, Enel participated in two events within the framework of Purchases:
- World Procurement Awards organized in London, an international event in which more than 800 purchasing professionals from 150 companies of 49 different countries have attended.
- The Procurement Awards 2019, the most prestigious Italian prize in the world of Purchasing, held in Milan, whose jury was composed of 10 CPO from the most prestigious Italian companies (Ferrero, Lavazza, Alitalia, Bracco, Marie Technimont, De Agostini etc).
At the London event, held on May 15, we reached the final with the Procurement Transformation project, as the only company in the Utility sector.
At the Milan event, took place on Thursday, May 23, at the National Museum of Science and Technology, the categories in monination were:
- Best Negotiation Practices: strategies and negotiation tactics that have brought benefits to the company.
- Innovation in Procurement: implementation of work methods that generate positive changes within the company.
- Ethical and sustainable procurement: dedicated to ethical and sustainable purchasing
- Competence development: improvement of professional capabilities and skills
- Procurement in cross-functional teams: projects of work in teams oriented to the achievement of common objectives.
Our procurement function was one of the protagonists, reached the final in 4 categories and won in 2 categories (Best Negotiation Practices with the Should Cost project and Competence development with the Procurement School project) and reached 2 second positions (in the categories: Innovation in Procurement, with the Digital Procurement project (Glassdoor, Tracking APP, Smart Planning tool), and in Ethical and sustainable procurement with the project Procurement sostenibile (K for sustainability and circular economy).
Moreover, on top to the 4 previous awards, a special prize "Purchasing People" was assigned, through an online pool launched during the event, to our Digital Procurement project.
The event goal was to reward the procurement function capabilities, share experiences, create new relationships and networking. An excellent opportunity for all procurement communities to know each other’s and sharing best practices.